What’s open, closed on campus over Thanksgiving break?
While Indiana University observes the Thanksgiving holiday Nov. 24 and 25, Bloomington faculty and staff should be aware that some popular buildings, restaurants and services on campus will have modified hours or be closed. Here’s a look:
IMU, dining options
The Indiana Memorial Union will be open during the week of Thanksgiving, but its eateries will have limited hours:
- Chocolate Moose: Closed Nov. 19 to 27.
- Lantern: Closed Nov. 19 to 26; open 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 27.
- Quarry Pie: Open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 19 to 22, 26 and 27; closed Nov. 23 to 25.
- Starbucks: Open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 19 and 20 and Nov. 25 ton27; closed Nov. 21 to 24.
- Sugar & Spice: Closed Nov. 19 to 27.
- The Globe: Closed Nov. 19 to 26; open 5 to 9 p.m. Nov. 27.
- The Mix: Open 7 to 10 a.m. Nov. 19 to 22 and Nov. 25 to 27, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 21, 22 and 25; closed Nov. 23 and 24.
- Tudor Room: Closed Nov. 19 to 26; open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 27.
- Union Market: Open 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Nov. 19 and 20 and Nov. 25 to 27, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 21 and 22, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Nov. 23 and 24.
- Whitfield Grill: Closed Nov. 19 to 27.
Before the holiday break, the Tudor Room and The Mix will serve Thanksgiving meals on Nov. 17. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Tudor Room will offer a menu of roast turkey, seared butternut squash steak with chili rub, homemade stuffing, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, fresh fall vegetable ragout, buttered sweet corn, yeast rolls with whipped butter and assorted pies. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., The Mix will serve roast turkey, mashed potatoes with turkey gravy, homemade stuffing, green bean casserole, buttered sweet corn and yeast rolls.
On Thanksgiving Day, the dining hall at Wright Quad will be open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Wells Library is open all week, except for Thanksgiving Day. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 21, 22, 23 and 25, and 1 to 5 p.m. Nov. 20 and 26.
The space can be used for work or study. Out-of-town guests are welcome to use work areas and guest wi-fi. Some research-specific areas inside the library will be by appointment only, such as University Archives and the Moving Image Archive.
Bookmarket Eatery in the library will close at 3 p.m. Nov. 18 and reopen at 4 p.m. Nov. 27.
Also, Lilly Library will be open from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 21 to 23.
Eskenazi Museum of Art
The Sidney and Lois Eskenazi Museum of Art will be closed Nov. 23 to 27.
The Office of Parking Operations will be open for its normally posted business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 21 and 22, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nov. 23.
Parking enforcement remains in effect year-round Monday through Friday except for official campus holidays. When classes are not in session (fall, Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks), there is no enforcement in student and campus housing zones only, although game-day parking rules apply, as scheduled, to student parking.
The Bloomington campus Facility Operations Center will remain open to assist with maintenance trouble calls.
Call 812-855-8728 all hours, all days for assistance. Responses to calls received outside normal business hours (7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday) and on observed holidays (Nov. 24 and Nov. 25) will be limited to emergency maintenance.
The Student Recreational Sports Center will be closed Nov. 19-26. The Bill Garrett Fieldhouse will be open during Thanksgiving break. Additional hours are available online.