Annual benefits open enrollment begins Oct. 18
Indiana University’s benefits open enrollment period is Oct. 18 to 29.
During this annual event, benefit-eligible employees have the opportunity to review and change their benefits for 2022 including: enrolling in medical and dental coverage, re-signing the Tobacco-free Affidavit, adding or removing dependents, making an annual pledge to a health or dependent care flexible spending account (formerly known as the Tax Saver Benefit plan) and enrolling in supplemental AD&D coverage.
Employees can also decide how much to contribute to their Health Savings Account beginning in January 2022.
What’s changing for 2022
The university continues to take steps to support IU employees and their families during this unprecedented time. In line with these measures, employees will see only minimal changes to benefits and premiums in 2022.
Medical and dental premiums
- Employees will see an overall 3.5% increase in medical plan contributions, and an overall 3.2% increase in dental plan contributions. For most employees, this will result in an increase of $2 to $10 each month. Review 2022 medical, dental, and supplemental AD&D premiums.
Anthem PPO HDHP
- Out-of-network prescriptions will no longer be covered.
IU Health HDHP
- No plan changes.
Anthem PPO $500 Deductible
- Out-of-pocket maximum for in-network prescriptions will increase to $6,300 individual/$10,200 family.
Health Savings Account
- The annual IRS contribution maximums will increase to $3,650 for employee-only coverage and $7,300 for all other coverage levels.
- There are no changes to the university’s contribution to the HSA in 2022.
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- The Tax Saver Benefit Plan will be renamed to Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
- No plan or premium changes.
Employees who take no action during the open enrollment period will retain their medical, dental, HSA and supplemental AD&D coverage in 2022. However, they will not be enrolled in the healthcare or dependent care flexible spending accounts and will not receive the Tobacco-free Affidavit premium reduction in 2022. Those benefits require an annual election to participate.
Over the next few weeks, benefit-eligible employees will receive Informational mailers at their homes, and the Open Enrollment website will be updated with 2022 premiums, enrollment resources, and more. Additional information and resources will be added to the site as they are available, so employees are encouraged to check back often.
For questions or assistance related to benefits or open enrollment, contact AskHR at email@example.com or 812-856-1234.