Resources to help you cope with the ‘holidaze’
While the holiday season is a wonderful time of year, it can also be one of the most stressful. Whether your calendar is filled with festivities, solitude or some of both, feelings of anxiety or depression can cause added strain for you and your loved ones. If you’re struggling to get in the holiday spirit, check out these free resources to help you not just survive but thrive this holiday season.
- Twelve days of tips. SupportLinc EAP’s Holiday Toolkit includes a comprehensive collection of short videos and tip sheets on topics such as holiday budgeting and healthy eating.
- Keep yourself safe. Discover safer ways to celebrate the holidays from the Centers for Disease Control, or learn how to evaluate your risk before holiday gatherings.
- Quick reads. Check out SupportLinc’s Wellbeing Place blog for some quick reads on holiday communications, coping with grief and managing holiday financial stress.
- Care for caregivers. Learn how to support older family members during the holidays or how to manage your holiday stress as a family caregiver. Eligible employees also have access to a free premium Care.com membership to find care for children, adults, pets and homes through Care@Work.
- Travel smarter. No matter where or how you plan to travel, it’s important to start planning early. Before you leave, make sure you’re familiar with your destination’s travel requirements, including testing, vaccines and masks. If you’re enrolled in IU benefits, learn about the emergency and medical services available to you while traveling.
- Find support. If you need additional support, reach out to SupportLinc at 888-881-LINC (5462) or SupportLinc.com. Licensed mental health professionals are available to provide free, confidential, in-the-moment support 24 hours a day.