New symptomatic testing option for IU Bloomington
Drop-off testing for those experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 is now available at IU Bloomington. The first pickup location opens today at the lower level of the East Garage, 150 N. Jordan Ave. This option is available for all IU students, faculty and staff.
- Isolate from others and stay home until you know your status.
- Start with the IU symptom checker to let us know what symptoms you’re experiencing.
- Pick up a test kit. Kits will be available until 5 p.m. Jan. 10 and from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Jan. 11-14 at the lower level of the East Garage. Check the drop-off testing page at iu.edu/covid for additional hours and locations later this week.
- Register your kit and pair it with your IU account.
- Provide your saliva sample in the provided vial.
- Drop off your completed test in the drop box just inside the lower level of the East Garage or at 800 N. Indiana Ave.
- Results will be available in 24 to 48 hours. You’ll be notified via your IU email when your results are available, or you can check your results page.
Other local testing options
- IU Health virtual visit: Available through the IU Health Virtual Visits app.
- Primary care provider or urgent care center: Many primary care providers offer COVID-19 screenings and testing by appointment. IU Health Urgent Care (326 S. Woodscrest Drive) as well as WellNow urgent care (123 S. Franklin Road) offer screening and testing.
- Community testing site: Mobile clinics and other testing sites are available via the Indiana Department of Health. View locations and schedule an appointment online.
Asymptomatic voluntary testing also continues on all IU campuses for those who want or need to be tested but are not currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Amanda Roach is a senior communications consultant with the Office of the Vice President for Communications and Marketing.