IMU dining options updated for spring semester
If you’re planning to eat or grab coffee at the Indiana Memorial Union, here are a few updates for the spring 2022 semester:
The IMU Starbucks opened for the spring semester Jan. 10. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
Partnerships with local restaurants continue in the spring semester in The Globe at the IMU. Spring hours and eateries are:
Lunch, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday:
- Monday: Juannita’s
- Tuesday: Sofra Café
- Wednesday: Pili’s Party Taco
- Thursday: Bivi’s Tamales
- Friday: Taste of India
Dinner, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. seven days a week
- Sunday: Amrit India
- Monday: Bivi’s Tamales
- Tuesday: Juannita’s
- Wednesday: Lotus Garden
- Thursday: Dats
- Friday: Bivi’s Tamales
- Saturday: Juannita’s
Sugar and Spice
Sugar and Spice, now on the main level of the IMU along with The Chocolate Moose, is closed until later this month.
The Tudor Room is closed for now, as IU Dining consolidates its workforce to assist with busier locations. Other underutilized locations across campus will also be closed, including campus cafes at Eigenmann Hall, Godfrey Graduate Center and Luddy Hall, as well as the Goodbody Eatery.
In addition, to combat its workforce shortage, IU Dining has raised its starting wages to $12 an hour for part-time employees and $15 an hour for full-time employees. If you know of a student who is looking for a job, IU Dining jobs are listed on its website.
How you can help
If you’re eating or drinking on campus, whether in the IMU or another IU Dining location, here are a few reminders:
- Wear your mask at all times if you’re not actively eating or drinking. You should always wear a mask when interacting with IU Dining staff.
- Be patient with IU Dining staff. Staff members are giving their all to provide the university community with the best possible service. Many issues are out of their control.
- Be flexible. Sometimes IU Dining has to change menu items or hours at the last minute or is temporarily out of something. IU Dining knows this isn’t ideal, and everyone is working to do the best they can amid the pandemic.
- Follow IU Dining on Twitter. Any last-minute changes to services are announced there.