Get inspired and keep growing
Share in an uplifting story and make a commitment to keep learning and growing in 2022. IU Human Resources has development opportunities to help you grow, including free virtual workshops open to all IU employees and timely LinkedIn Learning courses available to all staff, faculty and students.
Anything is possible
Tired of bad news? Join Tom Morris, senior director of athletic performance at IU, for an uplifting presentation about his unique journey. After suffering a spinal cord injury in May 2012, he went from competing in some of the toughest races on earth to not being able to push a wheelchair more than 5 feet. A life-changing event made him realize how fortunate we are to wake up each and every day.
One of Morris’ biggest passions is helping others achieve their goals. He uses his energy, passion for life and personal story to show others that anything in life is attainable — just start and never ever give up.
Upcoming virtual workshops
- Intro to Lean Process Improvement: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Jan. 19.
- Lean Methodology: 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Feb. 16.
- Prioritize Employee Engagement and Personal Well-Being: 1 to 3 p.m. Feb. 22.
- Building Positive Self-Esteem: Strategies for Success: 11 a.m. to noon Feb. 24.
- Managing for Employee Engagement (of interest to IU leaders): 1 to 3 p.m. March 3.
Always available, always free: LinkedIn Learning
LinkedIn Learning is available to all IU faculty, staff and students 24/7. Access over 15,000 online courses and videos to support your growth; IU Login required. Here are a few timely topics that might interest you: