Remaining total rewards notices arrive soon
Again this year, all benefits-eligible Indiana University staff and faculty will receive a total rewards notice. Faculty with 10-month appointments should expect to receive their email notice the week of Aug. 8, while staff and faculty with 12-month appointments received their total rewards notice on July 12.
Departments notified employees of any pay changes, but the total rewards notice includes the value of benefits that contribute to your compensation package. Learn more about the notices below:
What is the total rewards notice?
The total rewards notice is an annual report of your benefits and compensation package at IU. It includes your base salary and annual contributions the university makes for certain benefits on your behalf according to your base salary. The combination of base salary and benefit contributions makes up your “total rewards” package.
“The total rewards notice is personalized, including salary and benefit information for IU employees,” Interim Vice President for Human Resources Laura Kress said. “We feel it gives you a more complete understanding of your ‘total rewards’ from the university.”
Every benefits-eligible staff and faculty member will receive their notice in an email signed by President Pamela Whitten. Your notice will include your base salary, health and welfare information, retirement benefits, and IU tuition benefit.
The university also provides additional resources to enhance your work-life experience that are not listed in your total rewards notice, Kress said. Those include:
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Retirement planning services.
- Time-off options.
- Access to professional development resources and LinkedIn Learning.
- Wellness programs available through Healthy IU.
When to watch for your notice
- Staff and faculty with 12-month appointments should expect to receive their email notice the week of July 11.
- Service maintenance employees will receive a hard copy of their notice at their home address, in addition to the personalized email.
- Faculty with 10-month appointments should expect to receive their email notice the week of Aug. 8.
Check your total rewards at any time
You can also review your total rewards information at any time using the Total Rewards task at One.IU. The information is updated daily and is also available through the Employee Center task.
If you have questions about your total rewards notice, speak to your HR representative or contact askHR.