Trained students can help tackle tough topics
Peer health educators from the Office of Health and Wellness Promotion are available to give presentations to student groups and classes on a variety of topics.
IUPUI faculty, staff and students can request the free presentations on multiple health and wellness issues, including:
- Mental health and resiliency
- Eight dimensions of wellness
- Stress and time management
- Alcohol awareness
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Sexual health
- Healthy relationships
Peer health educators are trained undergraduates who are passionate about health education. They facilitate the content and provide a unique peer-to-peer experience which drives participant interest.
The presentations provide an overview of requested topics while engaging students in activities and active learning opportunities. In the 2021-2022 academic year, peer health educators presented to over 1,500 IUPUI students.
Some students shared the following positive feedback:
- “This was such a fun presentation! Best one I have seen honestly.”
- “I feel more prepared to talk about my stress and was provided with more resources for help.”
- “I think our presenter did a great job! She was amazing and answered every question anyone had.”
Ryan Anderson is an assistant program director in the Office of Health and Wellness Promotion.