Faculty town hall set for Sept. 13
The Bloomington Faculty Council is hosting the first of two faculty town halls from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m. Sept. 13 at Whittenberger Auditorium in the Indiana Memorial Union.
Some issues have been top of mind for faculty in recent years, and the council wants to flesh them out through conversation and hear any other recent concerns affecting the lives of faculty.
During the year, the council does its work through committees. The executive committee, various committee chairs and council members will be present to note areas of concern and fold them into committee work.
To maintain a constructive process, the town halls will follow some guidelines:
- Listen first to understand.
- Remain respectful of others.
- Disagree with curiosity, not hostility.
- Share the air, keeping comments brief and concise to allow others to speak.
- Maintain confidentiality, being free to share what you learned after the meeting but not revealing personal names associated with the ideas.