New website launched to support employee mental health
By IU Human Resources
February 23, 2023
As part of the ongoing effort to improve access to mental health care for the Indiana University community, IU Human Resources and Healthy IU have teamed up to develop and launch a new website to support employee mental well-being, workplacementalhealth.iu.edu.
The site will serve as a virtual hub for employees who are seeking help for a mental health concern, or looking for ways to support a co-worker or family member. It will guide them to the benefits, programs and services available through IU, such as telehealth, 24-hour telephone support, one-on-one counseling and self-guided therapy.
“The feedback we’ve received has been clear: Employees need a simple, intuitive way to find and access mental health care,” said Todd Richardson, vice president and chief human resources officer. “Employee health and well-being is a top priority for us, and we’re constantly looking for ways to improve access to care. We designed the Workplace Mental Health site with these needs in mind and hope it will be a valuable tool to connect those seeking help with the support they need.”
Features of the new site include:
- Help and resources: Find options for care if you’re struggling at home or at work, need someone to talk to or want to proactively improve your mental well-being.
- 24-hour support: Connect with professional support 24/7 through the university’s employee assistance program.
- Suicide prevention: Learn what to do if you or someone you know is emotionally distressed or thinking about suicide.
- Resources for leaders: Find information and support tools for departments and leaders, including how to request support services after a critical incident.
- Events and news: Explore upcoming events and news related to mental health and well-being.
Employees and leaders are encouraged to visit and bookmark the site to learn about the wide variety of mental health benefits and programs available through the university. For questions or feedback related to the site, contact IU Human Resources at email@example.com.