Remaining total rewards notices arrive soon
All benefits-eligible Indiana University staff and faculty with 10-month appointments will receive a total rewards notice the first full week of August. The total rewards notice includes the value of benefits that contribute to your compensation package.
Learn more about the total rewards notices below or on the related Human Resources web page.
What is the total rewards notice?
The total rewards notice is an annual report of your benefits and compensation package at IU. It includes your base salary, as well as annual contributions the university makes for certain benefits on your behalf, according to your base salary. The combination of base salary and benefit contributions make up your “total rewards” package.
“The total rewards notice is personalized, including salary and benefit information for IU employees,” Chief Human Resources Officer and Vice President for Human Resources Todd Richardson said. “It offers a more complete view of your ‘total rewards’ from the university.”
Every benefits-eligible staff and faculty member will receive their notice in an email from IUHR signed by President Pamela Whitten. Your notice will include base salary, health and wellness information, retirement benefits and IU tuition benefit.
The university also provides additional resources to enhance your work-life experience that are not listed in your total rewards notice, Richardson said. Those include:
- Employee Assistance Program and mental health resources.
- Wellness programs available through Healthy IU.
- Time-off options.
- Retirement planning services.
- Access to professional development resources and LinkedIn Learning.
When to watch for your notice
- Staff and faculty with 12-month appointments received their email notice the week of July 10.
- Service maintenance employees received a hard copy of their notice at their home address, in addition to the personalized email.
- Faculty with 10-month appointments should expect to receive their email notice the week of Aug. 7.
Check your total rewards at any time
If you have questions about your total rewards notice, speak to your HR representative or email askHR@iu.edu.