5 psychological and brain sciences alumni honored
The Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences’ 2021 Alumni Recognition Day event recognized the achievements of five alumni.
The department, in the IU Bloomington College of Arts and Sciences, has acknowledged outstanding graduates of its bachelor’s and Ph.D. programs with a series of awards since 2013, the year of the department’s 125th anniversary.
The 2021 winners include:
Early Career Alumni Award
- Kelly Frank (BS’99), president of Social Legends.
- Kathryn Lenz (Ph.D.’09), associate professor of psychology and neuroscience, Ohio State University.
Distinguished Alumni Award
- Jann H. Adams (Ph.D.’89), associate vice president for academic affairs and lead director of the Andrew Young Center for Global Leadership Morehouse College.
- Michael Leimbach (BA’77), vice president of research and development, Wilson Learning Corp.
Lifetime Achievement Award
- Daniel H. Mathalon (Ph.D.’91), professor and deputy vice chair for research, San Francisco VA Health Care System, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Weill Institute for Neurosciences, University of California, San Francisco.